Towards the November last year, the First Bank of Nigeria officially announced the WhatsApp Chat Banking System and is also known as the First Bank WhatsApp Banking. Although they were not the first to introduce this platform, they are really making the best out of it. WhatsApp is one of the best media for person-to-person communication and as a matter of fact, people tend to be majorly engaged in it. If you have come across this platform and maybe since then you have been asking; what is the First Bank WhatsApp Banking, how to use the First Bank WhatsApp banking, and all that. Don’t bother yourself anymore because we have it all. In this article, you will learn you need to know about this platform and basically how to use it.
What is the First Bank WhatsApp Banking?
The First Bank WhatsApp Banking has been literally explained in various ways, but the defining ideology here is that it makes your banking system more interactive. This pattern of banking provides you with a platform through which you can chat with the First Bank operatives. Today, chatting remains the basis of our internet social life; so the First Bank incorporated this system as a way of guaranteeing its subscribers a fascinating banking experience.
With the First Bank WhatsApp Banking, you can perform every transaction you normally do with your USSD Codes or Mobile App. Here you complete your transactions by merely chatting up their representatives. Did this answer your question on what is the First Bank WhatsApp Banking? Then we will dive into; how to use the First bank WhatsApp Banking but before then, here are the benefits.
Benefits of First Bank WhatsApp Banking?
There are several operations you can complete with the First Bank WhatsApp Banking:
• Transfer money: just like the USSD Codes and the Mobile Banking, you can send money to people using your WhatsApp account.
• Onboarding: onboarding simply means registering and LIVE chatting the First Bank operatives
• Check Balance: with the First Bank WhatsApp Banking you can demand to see the balance of your bank account
• Pay Bills: you can also pay your utility bills and make several other subscriptions. Etc.
How to Get Started?
The First Bank of Nigeria guaranteed that banking with them through the WhatsApp Banking platform is totally reliable, convenient and will always remain secure. Of course, getting started is the first thing to know; on how to use the First Bank WhatsApp Banking. In this paragraph, we will show you how to kick off your experience with the First Bank.
Hence, to make sure you have total security, the subscriber will need to generate a WhatsApp banking PIN to perform all transactions. The PIN will serve as a confirmation code to all your bank transactions.
To get started:
• First of all, go to your Contact
• Add First Bank mobile number 08124444000
• Go back to your WhatsApp and refresh your contact
• Then you will see First Bank, you start your conversation
NOTE: Remember that your WhatsApp number must be the same number used while opening the account. (I.e. the number you registered with). I believe, the above procedure is well expletory? In that case, we will now focus on how to use the First Bank WhatsApp Banking.
How to Activate the First Bank WhatsApp Banking:
In the above paragraphs, we were able to answer your question on what is the First Bank WhatsApp Banking and the procedures on how to get started. So here, we are going to show you how to use the First Bank WhatsApp banking.
In order to start banking via WhatsApp, you will need to activate your account to this platform. Just follow the procedure;
• Accept the Terms and Conditions
• Provide your account number
• Validate the account using your debit card
• Generate your WhatsApp PIN
• Then you can try your first transaction
This First Bank WhatsApp platform is really too good to be true in the sense that; the same way you frequently keep in touch with your friends, you can also stay connected with your bank. The WhatsApp Live Chat is extremely exciting!
FAQs on First Bank WhatsApp Banking:
What is the First Bank WhatsApp Banking?
• See the first subheading
How to use the First Bank WhatsApp Banking?
• Read through, how to get started
Will I be charged for transactions?
• Check Balance – N10.00 (Delivered via SMS)
• Send Money (Others) – N52.50 (VAT Inclusive)
• Pay Bills – N52.50 – N105.00 (VAT Inclusive)
Why can’t I see all my accounts?
• You can only transact from your personal Naira accounts. Domiciliary, corporate and joints accounts are not included on the WhatsApp Chat Banking.
How secure is WhatsApp for?
• The First Bank WhatsApp Banking is secure and encrypted. Your transactions are done via a secure link, so your privacy is guaranteed. During onboarding, you’ll need to generate a WhatsApp Banking PIN to confirm your transactions.
Why can’t I onboard on WhatsApp Chat Banking?
• Maybe you provided an account that is not permitted/relevant to the WhatsApp Banking.
• The card linked to your account has expired.
• You WhatsApp number is not the one you used to open your account
• Your internet connection is not activated
What if I forget my WhatsApp Banking PIN?
• No problem. Simply reset your PIN, just go to ‘Settings’ then click on ‘Reset PIN’. You will need an active debit card linked to your account to reset your PIN.
Can I change my First Bank WhatsApp Banking PIN?
• Yes, you can! Just click on the ‘Settings’, go to ‘Change PIN’. You will need to enter the old PIN. If you have forgotten the old PIN, then use the ‘Reset PIN’ (option 4)
The First Bank WhatsApp Banking Number is 08124444000.
Instead of contacting the First bank via their Customer care, you can still make use of the WhatsApp Number
To cap it all, the First Bank WhatsApp Banking is just quick, smart, fascinating, secured and it is coming from the leading First Bank of Nigeria.
It keeps telling me scheme code not allowed when I input my account number… How can I fix that??