When it comes to posting on any social media platform, the use of hashtags cannot be dismissed. Especially when your aim is to attract others to your post.
Just as hashtags are important on other social media platforms, it’s important on LinkedIn too.
It’s no news that LinkedIn hails as one of the biggest professional social media platforms used by professionals, job seekers and employers.
I’m certain that just as you use hashtags on social media platforms you’ll also want to know how to use hashtags on LinkedIn.
On LinkedIn, millions of people look for and apply for jobs, join groups, and discuss business news.
Whether you’re developing your social circle or promoting your brand, connections are at the heart of LinkedIn.
Including significant hashtags in your LinkedIn posts makes it easier for people to locate you and promotes connections.
This article is going to discuss how to use hashtags on LinkedIn as this can help you achieve all your goals for joining this professional platform.
What Are LinkedIn Hashtags?
Any string of letters or digits, without a space, that comes after the # symbol is a hashtag on LinkedIn.
Take the hashtags #thisisAhashtag and #ThisIsAHashtag, for instance.
The use of hashtags on LinkedIn helps your post be found and increases the number of views, clicks, and connections.
All LinkedIn postings using that hashtag are displayed when you click on them. In the LinkedIn search bar, users can also look for a hashtag.
Trending hashtags on LinkedIn constantly vary and are typically industry-specific. Let’s look at some popular LinkedIn Hashtags as shown below:
#India – 67.9 million
#Innovation – 39.8 million
#Management – 36 million
#HumanResources – 33.2 million
#DigitalMarketing – 27.4 million
#Technology – 26.4 million
#Creativity – 25.2 million
#Future – 24.9 million
#Futurism – 24.5 million
#Entrepreneurship – 22.9 million
#Careers – 21.5 million
#Markets – 22.2 million
#Startups – 21.2 million
#Marketing – 20.3 million
#SocialMedia – 19.7 million
#VentureCapital – 19.3 million
#SocialNetworking – 18 million
#LeanStartups – 20 million
#Economy – 18.7 million
#Economics – 19 million
Why Is Knowing How To Use Hashtags On LinkedIn Necessary?
Below are some listed benefits and uses of using LinkedIn Hashtags.
- You can use it to locate and interact with people in your industry.
- increase your organic audience, and hopefully become viral.
- Create a community for your business, e.g.,
- Advertise your services or events.
- drawing attention to your post
Further uses and Benefits of hashtags are;
It Helps You Get Noticed
Most people use LinkedIn to network with colleagues, look for their next career, or a combination of the two.
Whether your objective is to develop a personal network, attract visitors to your corporate page, or find top talent, LinkedIn hashtags are the greatest approach to attract attention and stand out for your content.
It’s a good idea to post on LinkedIn using popular hashtags because your content may receive a lot of views if it becomes popular.
But exercise caution when following trends. Make sure it’s right for you to post and align with your brand and content plan. If not, ignore it and watch for a trend that appeals to your brand.
It Helps You Know your Audience
You should use hashtags to learn about issues that your audience is interested in and what they want. How many hashtags do they use? What hashtags are your competitors using?
Following hashtags is an efficient and cost-free approach to staying up to date with your market research and gaining first-hand knowledge of your target market.
How to Create a Hashtag on LinkedIn
You can publish two different types of material on LinkedIn and utilize hashtags with each of them. They are;
- A post, which may be text or includes media files like images, videos, documents, or other files.
- An article, which serves as a kind of mini-blog and is designed for long-form writing.
These are most frequently used for thought leadership articles on personal profiles.
This article focuses on using hashtags to increase the number of views on your posts and articles, though you can also launch a newsletter or release an audio event.
Let’s now look at how to create and use hashtags on your personal LinkedIn profile, company pages, and posts on LinkedIn.
How To Create Hashtags On LinkedIn Post
- On LinkedIn’s homepage, click Start a Post, enter your post, and then click Add hashtag in the post editor.
- You could alternatively enter # by yourself, which is far faster since it merely inserts a # into your post.
- LinkedIn will offer you some trending hashtag suggestions while you type your own.
- Then, add the desired hashtag or hashtags to the LinkedIn post.
How To Add Hashtags To LinkedIn Articles
- From the homepage, select Write article, then you can add a hashtag to a LinkedIn article by clicking the # symbol accompanied by a text.
- When you publish your content, the hashtags you added will change to clickable ones.
How To Add Hashtags To LinkedIn Company Pages
By including hashtags on your page, you can be better categorized by the algorithm, which will then display your material to LinkedIn users who follow and look for certain hashtags.
To do this;
- Click Hashtags on the page for your business.
- Choose up to 3 hashtags that best describe your work and the topics you publish about, bearing in mind the hashtags your target audience is likely to use when searching.
How To Add Hashtags to Your Personal LinkedIn Profile
- You must activate LinkedIn’s Creator mode before you can add hashtags to your personal profile.
- Scroll down to the Resources area of your profile, which is after the headline and statistics sections. select “Creator mode”
- When you enable Creator mode, you’ll have access to LinkedIn Live postings, audio events, and the newsletters function in addition to being able to add up to 5 hashtags.
It takes only a few minutes to complete and can help you expand your network. Based on your connections and the hashtags you follow, LinkedIn will suggest posts, people, organizations, and other things to you on the My Network tab.
How to Follow Hashtags on LinkedIn
When you click a hashtag, all of the LinkedIn material that also uses that tag is displayed. Alternatively, you can use the search bar to look for a hashtag and then select the Posts tab.
After selecting a hashtag, press the Follow button. When you do this, new posts containing that tag will show up in your feed and in the list of hashtags you follow.
When you follow a hashtag on LinkedIn, more posts with that hashtag and ones related to it will appear in your homepage feed.
Additionally, the left sidebar gives you rapid access to your tags so you can check what’s new on LinkedIn.
- How To Delete Genshin Impact Account: 4 Simple Steps
- How To See Who Viewed Your LinkedIn Profile- An Expository Guide
- How To Successfully Delete Dubsmash Account
Knowing how to use hashtags on LinkedIn is important as hashtags can be a great way to connect with potential and current clients on LinkedIn.
Hashtags also help you to remember important information about a topic, which can make it easier for you to communicate with potential and current clients.
Also, making use of hashtags on LinkedIn can help you to stand out from the competition and make your connection with potential employers more meaningful.
So, keeping all that has been discussed in this article in mind, start making proper use of hashtags on LinkedIn today!