Folks, do you own any MTK android phone?
MTK Android phones are those phones that make use of MediaTek’s MTK chipset for processing of data.
This post talks about how to unbrick the MTK Android phone if it has been bricked (soft/hard/dead). However, this is my first time to talk about this topic, i’ll explain how bricking occurs.
How does a phone get bricked?
Well, a phone can get bricked during the installation of Android OS via flashing. Also, some third-party software like the Xposed module may contribute too.
Why does it happen?
During flashing, there may be an interruption because of low battery or loose cable connection. This will brick your phone. Also, using the wrong firmware or an unstable custom ROM to flash your phone, will brick the phone.
How do I know my phone is bricked?
The following signs indicate bricking.
- The phone will not boot even after holding the power key and it does not accept charging.
- Presence of a Boot-Loop
- A restart loop occurs (phone keeps restarting)
- SP Flash tool
- Android Stock ROM
- MTK USB Driver
- PC / Laptop
- Dead MTK Phone
- USB cable.
Furthermore, SP Flash Tool has three options to choose from before downloading.
- MOTA SIU : Only boot, recovery, and Android will be updated in this option.
- Format All + Download: This option first erases the old Firmware then installs the new firmware. Also, this function is recommended when the MTK phone is stuck at its logo. And hard reset doesn’t work.
- Firmware Upgrade: This option updates the Android version. In addition, it is recommended when installing a higher or lower version of Android manually.
Steps to Unbrick the MTK Phone
- Firstly, install the MTK driver.
- Download the tool.
- Unzip and double click on Flash_tool.exe.
- Here, it launches the tool.
- Download the Android stock ROM (google your phone’s model and download), hence, unzip it.
- Click on “Scatter-Loading” and assign the path of the file (Select the Firmware in .txt extension).
- Click on Download.
- Now, switch off your MTK phone and connect it to your PC using a USB cable. To do this, press the power button and Volume down key.
- Flashing automatically starts (be a little bit patient).
- “Download OK” will appear.
Meanwhile, Reboot your phone and feel the magic. Your bricked MTK device should now be alive and well and you should also be happy. 🙂
Finally, if you encounter any challenges. Make use of the comment box to ask your questions and I’ll respond.