Several iOS users can download various amazing apps that are not from the App Store using the Cydia package manager app.
Although installing Cydia on your iPhone or iPad requires jailbreaking your device, which must be done first.
The issue is that most consumers are reluctant to jailbreak their devices out of fear of breaking their iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch and voiding their warranty.
Contrary to popular belief, installing the Cydia software without a jailbreak is simple and easy.
That’s why this article provides a step-by-step guide To Install Cydia Without Jailbreak
Cydia is an unofficial app store that allows you to download and install third-party apps on your various iOS devices including iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, and iOS 9.
To help you install several apps on your iOS device, the Cydia app uses repositories for the Advanced Packing Tool (APT).
You’ll be able to browse and download a huge selection of apps, add-ons, themes, ringtones, and customizations that aren’t offered in the Apple app store after Cydia is installed on your iOS device.
Installing modifications from Cydia, a collection of apps that can increase the options available on your iOS device is an amazing way to customize your iOS experience.
Even though Cydia cannot be downloaded via the official App Store, many consumers mistakenly believe that jailbreaking their iOS devices is necessary to install Cydia.
Cydia Supported iOS Devices
Nearly all iOS versions, including the most recent iOS 11.2 version, are completely supported by Cydia. On your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, you can use Cydia.
Generally speaking, to download and install Cydia on your iPhone, which is not currently available in the App Store, you must jailbreak your device.
However, there are other ways to install Cydia without a jailbreak.
Downloading And Installing Cydia Without Jailbreak
- Launch the Safari browser on your iPhone and go to www.cydiaios7.com.
- To download Cydia without a jailbreak, click “Download Cydia” after opening the link.
- Without jailbreaking, install Cydia.
- To save the Cydia app icon to your home screen, select “Add to Home Screen” from the pop-up menu and then click “Add”.
- Install the vSSH client software from the Apple App Store, run it, and select “Quick connect.”
- Get your wifi IP address by opening linked networks under Settings >> Wifi.
- Copy the IP address, then enter it in the IP host field of the vSSH client app.
- Enter “root” for the username and click “connect” without changing the port.
- On your screen, a popup will appear. Tap yes once. Be careful not to choose the permanent.
- Enter “alpine” as your password when prompted.
- Now click the back button on the on-screen keyboard at the top and then go back.
- The download should now start after you copy and paste the code /TMP/CYINSTALL.SH WGET -Q -O CHMOD 755 /TMP/CYINSTALL.SH and HTTP://DOWNLOADS.KR1SIS.NET/CYINSTALL.SH and /TMP/CYINSTALL.SH
- The Cydia icon will appear on your screen after it has finished downloading and restarted. Now tap the icon to start the download.
- Once it’s finished downloading, you can use Cydia on your iOS device without being jailbroken.
- Download Cydia from Open App Market for iOS 10 users at www.openappmkt.mobi.
- To get the app for nothing, just click the “Get it” button.
- Upon successful download, a popup will show up.
- Select “Add” from the menu.
- Tap the Add button after selecting “Add to Home Screen.”
- Your device’s screen will display the Cydia icon.
- When you tap on it, give the installation procedure some time to finish.
- You will have access to apps and games that aren’t offered in the App Store after Cydia is installed.
Tips for Using Cydia
Some tips to use after downloading and installing the Cydia app on your iPhone without jailbreaking it include:
1. Refreshing Cydia Packages List Manually
Although the Cydia app automatically updates the list of packages and updates when it launches, here’s how to do it if you want to manually:
- Launch Cydia
- select “Changes” > “Refresh” to update the list of installed packages.
2. Finding Your Cydia ID
Developers occasionally request your Cydia ID to gift tweaks to users, so you’ll need to get your Cydia ID if you don’t want to miss out on such opportunities.
Follow these instructions to check your Cydia ID:
- Open the Cydia app and look for Manage Account.
- You will now be prompted to sign in using either your Facebook or Google account.
- Your Cydia ID (“Cydia Account”) will be found directly underneath the “Installable Purchases” section.
3. Using Hide Or Unhide Functions
Cydia provides you with a very useful feature that allows you to hide or reveal the areas of the recently released list that you don’t want to see or want to see.
Here is the process on how to do that in Cydia:
- Click All Sources after navigating to the Sources section.
- Once you click “Edit,” a long number of sections will appear with their toggle switches next to them.
- You can now easily conceal these selections.
4. Adding or Deleting Sources
Carefully follow the instructions listed below if you want to add a new resource to the Cydia app:
- Enter the Sources section
- Then select Edit.
- Now click “Add,” enter the URL of the package source you want to add and click “Add Source.” All package information will now begin to be fetched from the source by the Cydia app.
- Simply swipe on the target source and select “Delete” to remove any source.
5. Ignoring Update Notification
Follow the steps below if you don’t want to be informed of updates or receive notifications for packages that are already installed:
- Click to launch the Cydia app
- Then Go to the installed package you desire.
- After finding “Change Package Settings,” click “Ignore Upgrades” to hide it.
Cydia enables users to find and install software not authorized by Apple on jailbroken iPhones, iPad, and iPod Touch devices.
However, with the information and guide in this article, you must have learned how to download and install the Cydia software without jailbreaking your iPhone and other iOS devices.