The global technology leaders has announced Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 which is actually a mid-range Smartphone , and guess what guys?? it arrives with 6.3-inch FHD+ display, Snapdragon 660, 6GB RAM, and 48MP rear camera.
Is this the beginning of the era of 48-megapixels rear camera? I guess not, knowing fully well that this isn’t the first Smartphone to feature this amazing feature. The smartphone sports a waterdrop-shaped notch, and dual rear camera setup with a mind blowing battery capacity of 4000MAH.
During the announcement of the new smartphones, Head of Expansion Marketing, Xiaomi Global, Steven Wang, said: “Redmi Note is one of Xiaomi’s most popular series, Redmi Note 7 truly illustrates our philosophy of innovation from everyone because of its amazing performance and attractive price. Partnering with Jumia, we are very excited to bring Redmi Note 7 and Redmi 7 to our customers in Nigeria.”
CEO, Jumia Nigeria, Juliet Anammah, said: “The launch of Redmi Note 7 is coming at a time when Nigeria is mentioned among seven countries that would contribute 700 million new mobile subscribers to hit the 6 billion mobile subscribers mark in the world by 2025. Availability of honest price point smartphones such as Xiaomi will deepen smartphone penetration in the country and help the country in meeting its 4 per cent quota of the 700 million new global mobile subscribers, as predicted by GSMA Intelligence.”
Redmi Note 7 Specs
- Display: 6.3-inch Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Screen resolution: 2340 ×1080 pixels
- Processor: Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB / 6GB
- Storage: 32GB and 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
– Back camera: 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size, PDAF, EIS, 5MP secondary camera
– Front camera: 13MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes (back-mounted)
- IR sensor: YES
- Network and connectivity: 3.5mm audio jack, AK 98937 Smart PA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 /5GHz) Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, and USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 159.21 x 75.21 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 186g
- Sensors: Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Distance sensor, Electronic compass, Fingerprint sensor, Ambient light sensor, Vibration motor, and Infrared sensor.
- Battery: 4000mAh (typical) capacity with Quick Charge 4
Design and Display
The phone packs a 6.3-inch Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display waterdrop notch display with 1.95mm narrow bezels and a 2.5D glass protection up front and at the back as well.
In as much as it is a mid-range phone, it comes with glass back with shiny gradient colors at the top and bottom. It also features fingerprint sensor scanner and also boasts of 84% screen-to-body ratio.
Camera and Connectivity
Like other phones with 48-megapixels rear camera, the Redmi Note 7 comes with 1/2″ Samsung ISOCELL Bright GM1 sensor, f/1.8 aperture with four-in-one pixel binning to make an 12MP image with 1.6μm pixel.
While at the front, this amazing Smartphone features a dual camera setup of 13-megapixels + 5-megapixel secondary camera for portrait shots and also comes with AI features.
The front cameras are enhanced with AI face unlock, AI smart beauty, AI single shot blur, front HDR, background blur, and more.
It packs a handful of network and connectivity, such as USB Type-C port, 3.5mm audio jack, 4G VoLTE, GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth v5, and Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac.
Performance and Battery
The Redmi Note 7 is powered by a Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with a GPU of Adreno 512.
While for the multitasking and smart switching of apps, the phone comes with 3GB / 4GB / 6GB RAM. And 32GB and 64GB internal storage, which is expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
The Redmi Note 7 runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) out of the box with the company’s MIUI 10 on top. And it is fueled by a massive 4,000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4 support, USB-C port and 5V/2A charger.
According to Lei Jun, he said it will enable 9V/2A charging options from 0 to 100 in 1 hour 43 minutes. And boasts of 251 hours of standby time, 23 hours of talk time, 13 hours of video playback, and 7 hours of gaming.
Price of Redmi Note 7
Redmi Note 7 sales at a retail price of N47,500 for 3GB+32GB and NGN 53,500 for 3GB+64GB.