Today you’re going to learn a quick and easy way to make folders and group apps on your iPhone.
This is a quite quick and way to move and organize apps and folders on iPhone for easy accessibility to them; This includes:
- How to change the name of your iPhone folder?
- How to add and remove apps from folders on your iPhone device?
- How to delete folders and group of apps on your iPhone device?
- And many more…
And you’re going to see exactly how to get it all done in just a few steps;
Let’s get started!
Organizing Apps and Folders on iPhone
You may be like most people who have many apps downloaded on their iPhone. For some of those apps, you may use them on a daily basis while some of them are useful once in a while, therefore, you cannot delete them.
Keep Reading: How to customize your iPhone’s memoji…
Having so many apps on your iPhone means that you will have to scroll through multiple screens to launch the app you need. This can be a nightmare trying to look for the right app you want to use.
To save you all this stress, it is good to group your apps and folders on your iPhone. Grouping apps together ensures that you don’t clutter your iPhone home screen and also makes it easy for you to use your iPhone. If all of your social apps are in the same place, you don’t need to go through the pains of searching for any of the apps when you want to use them as all of them will be in a folder.
Creating folders and organizing your iPhone apps into the folders you have created is a simple process and it can be done in just a few seconds. Your created folders can be given appropriate names to help you organize your apps in order.
How Do I Make Folders and Group Apps On My iPhone?
To help you find your apps easily on your iPhone screen, you can group your apps into folders. You should note that you need at least two apps in order to create a folder. So your first step is to decide the two apps you want to put in the folder. Follow the next steps listed below.
- Lightly touch and hold the icon of the first app on your iPhone home screen that you would like to move into a folder until all the app icons on your iPhone begin to jiggle and a close button(a small X) appears at the upper left-hand side of the app icon.
- To create a folder, tap on an app icon and drag it over to another app. Stop pressing down the app icon to drop both apps into your new folder.
- Drag other apps that you want to group into your newly created app folder. You can have more than one page of apps in one folder.
Keep Reading: How to move apps around the homescreen on an iPhone…
How to Change the Name of your iPhone folder
As one of the processes to make folders and group apps on your iPhone, it’s also really easy to change the name of a newly created or already in-use folder on your device.
Note that by default, your iPhone assigns a name to every folder you created based on the apps in the folder. An example is if you put two of your banking apps inside a folder, the name of the folder will be “Finance”.
But the good news is that you can always change the name of the folder. To change the folder name on your iPhone, do the following:
The steps can further be broken down as:
- Tap and hold any of the app icons within the folder that you want to change the name until the app icons inside the icon begin to jiggle and a close button (a small X) appears at the upper left-hand side of the app icon.
- When the app icons begin to jiggle, the title box of the existing folder will become editable. Tap on it and type the name you would like the folder to have.
How to Remove Apps from a Folder on your iPhone
Another process to make folders and group apps on an iPhone device involve removing apps from a created folder on your device.
Follow the steps below to remove an app within a folder:
- Press and hold the folder that you want to remove the app from.
- Remove your finger from the screen when the apps and the folders start to jiggle.
- Tap on the folder that you want to remove the app from.
- Drag the app that you want to remove from the folder onto the home screen.
- Tap on the Home or Done button to save your new arrangement.
How to Delete a folder on your iPhone
The final process to make folders and group apps on an iPhone device involve deleting folders on your device. There can come a time when the folder becomes not useful and you want to delete the folder and restore the apps to their original locations.
To delete a folder on your iPhone, do the following steps:
- Press and hold an app within the folder that you want to delete until all the app icons begin to jiggle and a close button (a small X) appears at the left-hand side of the app icon.
- Press on the apps within the folder and drag them to your home screen. Once all the apps have been dragged out of the folder, the folder gets deleted automatically.