You can say speakers are essential commodities that are used in various circumstances because music, which is the main purpose of speakers, is equally essential.
Whether it’s a house party, beach party, wedding, etc a speaker will always come in handy and the JBL Charge 5 is one speaker you’ll never regret choosing.
The most recent addition to the Charge series is the JBL Charge 5 and It has all of the markings of a great JBL speaker, but is it worth the money? The JBL Charge 5 is reviewed in this article.
We’re going to be answering a number of questions which will help shed more light on the JBL Charge 5 and help readers decide if they’d want to purchase it.
However, the JBL Charge 5 is expensive and so anyone who already has a JBL Charge speaker should not feel compelled to upgrade to the Charge 5.
JBL is a fantastic choice for everyone especially if they want a great waterproof Bluetooth speaker. Every year, the company introduces numerous new products that seem to be better than the one it succeeded.
Who is The Target Audience of The JBL Charge 5?
If you frequently throw parties, the JBL Charge 5 is a must-have since it generates incredibly powerful music for a Bluetooth speaker.
It may be linked with other suitable speakers to produce a significantly louder sound thanks to the PartyBoost feature.
This speaker is great to take to the beach because it has an IP67 dust and water resistance rating. It can be completely submerged and is light enough to throw in your beach bag.
Features of the JBL Charge 5
- This speaker is resistant to rain and other adverse weather conditions.
- The JBL Charge 5 is an excellent speaker for both indoor and outdoor use.
- This speaker always has battery life even before it is used. So essentially, the Charge 5 allows you to get right into music listening once you purchase it.
- The speaker is attractive to look at and to hold, and it is roughly the size and weight of a ball. All its properties are covered in a woven cloth with silky silicone accents.
- When you turn on the speaker for the first time by pressing and holding the power button, it will immediately enter pairing mode.
- The JBL Charge 5 doesn’t arrive with much accessories, just the speaker, a protective sock, a charging cord, and some product literature.
- The JBL Charge 5 includes a silicone foot on the bottom of the speaker, which is useful for keeping it in place on flat surfaces.
- Yes, we know that the JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth speaker is said to be portable, but it’s not portable enough to fit well into your pocket.
- The JBL Charge 5 is very light, so, it won’t weigh you down too much to hold on your hand while walking a short distance.
- The speaker features onboard controls, and while there is no button to reverse, double-pressing the play button will change a song.
Is the JBL Charge 5 waterproof?
As previously said, this Bluetooth speaker has an IP67 rating, which means you won’t have to worry about contaminants such as dust and dirt harming your speaker.
Some people are skeptical of the waterproofing promised by IP ratings, which is understandable, but the Charge 5 has a legitimate IP67 rating, which means it can survive dust and be submerged in up to 1 meter of tap water for up to 30 minutes.
The Charge 5 will still sound great even after you dip it into a full bucket of water. However, before you try this out, ensure the charging port cover is tightly shut.
The fabric that covers the speaker will certainly get wet but don’t worry, once it gets dry, everything will sound normal and no damage will come to the speaker.
This device’s IP rating, however, may deteriorate over time. Hence, if the kind of damage that is inflicted on the speaker is already covered by the guarantee within a year of purchasing it, JBL will send you a replacement.
How does the JBL Charge 5 sound?
The JBL Charge 5 is very loud, and the bass radiators are excellent at amplifying the back end of your sound.
It sounds good no matter how far away you’re seated from the Bluetooth speaker, which makes it ideal for parties. Even from up to 30 meters away, it will still sound amazing.
The driver configuration inside the speaker allows for clean vocals. It has a long-excursion driver, a separate tweeter, and a passive bass radiator on either side.
To tell you exactly how loud this Bluetooth speaker is, the JBL Charge 5 is even louder than the popular Bose SoundLink Mini and Bose SoundLink Flex. JBL’s bass response is undeniably stronger, which makes sense given that the speaker is a little bit on the large side.
The Verdict: Is The JBL Charge 5 Worth Buying?
For those who do not already own a prior version of JBL’s Charge line, the Charge 5 is an excellent purchase.
If you already have the JBL Charge 4 or Charge 3, the JBL Charge 5 may not be worth purchasing, however, If you don’t already own an older model, the Charge 5 is an excellent purchase for you.
Its music quality is excellent for a Bluetooth speaker, and its loudness output is impressive. However, If you want a portable speaker, you can check out the JBL Flip 5. This is just a smaller and less expensive version of the Charge 5 and it costs $99.95 at Amazon.
From all that’s been discussed in this article, no doubt the JBL Charge 5 is a Bluetooth speaker that you can’t go wrong with. If you’re a party organiser, you’d want to get this speaker because it’s very loud and will be suitable for any small party.
This speaker is also great for outdoor adventures because it’s rain and dust proof.
So, what do you think? Would you be getting the JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth speaker? Please tell us in the comments section.
Can I use JBL Charge 5 While Charging?
Yes. You can use your Bluetooth speaker while it’s charging to avoid hurting the battery. There is no difficulty after the first charge if you used the speaker while charging.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Jbl speakers?
JBL speakers have the disadvantage of being somewhat pricey. They are also prone to breaking if not handled properly.
Can I Leave My Jbl Charge 5 Charging Overnight?
If you leave your Bluetooth speaker charging for an extended period of time, the battery may overheat and catch fire. Hence, before using your speaker again, make sure the battery is fully charged.