Android TV devices provide a complete entertainment experience with their capacity to stream material from multiple internet platforms, play video games, and access a large variety of apps.
Understanding how to set up these devices to fully utilize their abilities is crucial to every Android Tv user.
But not to worry, in this article, we’ll show you exactly how to set up an Android TV box so you may maximize its functionality and have a flawless entertainment experience.
Just before we get into the setup process, we’re going to give you a brief explanation of what an Android Tv box is.
What is an Android TV box?
An Android TV box functions much like a set-top box. It enables users to play games, view regular network programming on a huge screen, watches on-demand videos, and access video content websites. All you need is a reliable internet connection and an Android-compatible TV.
An Android smart TV box is one of the DTH options and is available in various sizes and designs. Each offers certain qualities in common as well as some unique ones.
Now we’ve seen what an Android Tv is, subsequent sections of this article will outline the steps you can take to connect the Android Tv box, how to set it up, and even how to use the Android Tv after connecting it.
So without any delay, let’s get into it.
Steps On How To Set Up Android TV Box
- First of all, turn off your TV. It is advised that you switch off your TV before connecting or unplugging any electronics.
- Next, Connect an HDMI cable to the Android TV box’s HDMI port. This connector is located on the back of the Android TV device.
- The other end should be connected to a free HDMI port on your TV. The HDMI ports are located on the back or side of your television. Also, keep in mind that an HDTV and an HDMI connector are required for Android TVs.
- Connect the power cable to the Android TV box. It will automatically power on and then put batteries in the remote control of the Android TV box.
- The remote should come with batteries, but you can use any two AAA batteries if you need to replace them.
- Next, you have to put your Tv on. There are two ways to do this. You can do it by pressing the power button on your TV’s remote control or on the Tv panel itself.
- Now, Using your remote, press the INPUT or SOURCE button. The labeling of this button varies, it depends on the type or brand of your Tv.
- Your Android TV box’s input should be chosen. You have two options: either glance at the label for the HDMI port you used and hop right to it, or go through the inputs until you get the Welcome screen.
- At this point you need to pair your remote, that’s if you’re asked to. You’ll need to manually pair the remote if it appears on the Remote Pairing screen rather than the Welcome screen.
- Lastly, in this section, you’ll need to hold down the remote’s Back and Home buttons for about 5 seconds.
Steps On How To Set Up the Android TV Box
Choose a language. To navigate the menus, use the remote’s middle navigation wheel. To choose something, press the sizable, rounded button in the center.
When you first turn on some devices, the setup process is automatic. If your device does not automatically set up a language, choose Settings, Language, and then your preferred language.
Choose the wireless network of your choice. The Android TV box can only connect wirelessly to a network. Furthermore, ensure that you are inside the wireless network’s range.
If your device doesn’t have an automatic setup procedure, use the remote to select Settings, then Network. After choosing Wi-Fi, choose your wireless network.
Enter the password for your wireless network. To input the password for your wireless network, use the on-screen keyboard and the remote control.
Watch for an upgrade to the Android TV box. The Android TV box will automatically download and installavailable updates, which could take a while. After the update has been installed, the Android TV device will restart.
If your Android TV device doesn’t update itself, choose About from the Settings menu. At this point, a System Update/Update option should be found.
Enter your Google account information. To complete the setup, you must enter your Google account credentials. The Android TV will link any purchases you make to your Google account. So far, there are two methods that you can use to log in and they are shown below.
- Method 1: Using the keyboard displayed on the screen select “Use your password” and then type your Google account email and password.
- Method 2: Choose “Use your phone or laptop” and then launch the web browser on a phone or laptop connected to the same network. Next, you should enter the PIN that is displayed on your TV on AndroidTV. At this stage, you will be asked to log in using your Google account if you aren’t already doing so on your phone or laptop.
How To Use the Android TV After Connecting it.
Use your remote to navigate the Home menu.
Rows of content make up the Home menu and usually, the first row contains suggestions. You’ll find your games on the third row, and your apps on the second row. Additionally, the Settings menu may be found in the bottom row.
To use the voice search feature, press the microphone button on your remote.
To conduct a voice search, speak directly into the remote control. You may look up information about Google Images, TV series, movies, music, apps, and even climate forecasts.
If the remote control does not come with a microphone button, you have the option of using the on-screen keyboard by clicking the microphone button at the top of the screen.
To watch videos, launch the Google Play Movies & TV app; With this app, you can find your purchased content as well as buy and rent movies and TV shows.
To listen to music, launch the Google Play Music app; You can listen to music from your library as well as suggested stations. You must buy music on your computer or smartphone; you cannot buy music through the Android TV.
To locate new applications and games, launch the Play Store app; The Google Play Store will then open, allowing you to browse the latest remote-controlled games and streaming apps.
Over time, Android TV boxes have proven themselves as essential tools for converting standard televisions into intelligent, connected entertainment centers.
In 2023, setting up an Android TV box is a simple operation that can significantly improve your TV viewing experience.
You may easily configure your device, connect it to the internet, and begin using a variety of content and applications by following the instructions provided on this page.
If you have any questions concerning the process, please do well to share them with us and other readers in the comments area.
- How To Connect Xbox Controller To Tesla In 2023 – Easy Steps
- How To Copy And Paste On Xbox One 2023
- 7 Best Minimalist Digital Watches You’ll Ever Need
- Digital Pocket Watch for Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 5 Best Digital Window Displays In 2023
How do I Set up my Android TV box?
The operation of an Android smart TV box is fairly straightforward. All you have to do is use an HDMI connector on the back of your standard TV to attach the box. The TV needs to be configured for the proper HDMI input. Choose HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 depending on the port you plugged the cable into right after connecting.
Can an Android box work on any TV?
Yes, as long it the Tv has an HDMI slot
Can I use a TV Box Without the Internet?
Your Android TV’s capabilities will essentially be limited to those of a standard TV if you are unable to connect it to the internet. Connecting to CD, DVD, and Blu-ray players is one of these features. use a cable box or antenna to stream cable TV.
Does an Android TV box have free channels?
Yes, you can watch free built-in Google TV stations without even downloading or using an app.
What channels are on the Android TV box?
Can you Install apps on the Android TV box?
Yes, you can. You can install all the apps and games you want for your Android TV through the Play Store app.
Does all Android TV have Play Store?
One of the biggest sources of apps for smart devices, including TVs, is the Google Play Store. All smart TVs that run Android TV have access to the Google Play Store. relating to Google Play Store and smart TVs.
Which is Better smart TV or Android TV?
Although it offers greater options in various auxiliary functions and application libraries, Android TV is simply a smart TV. Because there are fewer applications to launch, smart TV that has an easy-to-use interface typically perform better and runs faster than Android TV.
What are the Disadvantages of an Android TV?
Added expense if you need to purchase a specialized gadget.
There might not be the finest security.
You might need to sideload programs because not all of them are listed in the marketplace.