If for whatever reason, you decide to delete your LastPass account, please note that you have to ensure you properly delete it due to lots of your sensitive details on the account.
That being said, in this guide, you will learn how to delete your LastPass account completely with or without your master password.
However, before I proceed, there are certain things you should note.
Things To Note Before Deleting Your LastPass Account
Just before you click the final delete button, please take note of the following:
- Deleting your LastPass account does not mean that your subscription will be automatically canceled, therefore, you have to cancel your subscription first so you will no longer be billed.
- If you are deleting your account because you have forgotten your master password, try the recovery options as you don’t need to delete your LastPass Account.
- Now, if after trying the recovery options and you are still unable to log in to your account, you can reset your LastPass account. This action will remove all of your vault data but allow you to continue using the same email address and create a new master password.
- Once you delete your LastPass account and use the same email address to create a new account, any remaining LastPass Premium subscription time linked to that email address will be transferred to your newly recreated LastPass account.
- If you know your master password, I advise that you export and save all of your vault data first before deleting your LastPass account permanently as this operation is irreversible.
How To Delete LastPass Account (Fast and Easy)
Going forward, I will be showing you how to delete your LastPass Account with or without your Master Password.
Step-By-Step Guide On How To Easily Delete Your LastPass Account Using Master Password
Step 1: Open the LastPass.com website on your internet browser.
Step 2: Find the login button On the top right corner of the LastPass homepage, click on it and use your account details to enter the site.
Step 3: After reaching ‘My LastPass Vault’, you will see the dropdown menu in the upper right corner next to your email address, click on it.
Step 4: From the dropdown menu choose ‘Account Settings’ and this will prompt a pop-up window to open. Scroll down to the ‘Account Information’ section and then click on ‘My Account’.
Step 5: In the Account Information, locate ‘Existing User’ and then go to its right side, and click on the ‘Delete Account’ button.
Step 6: This action will prompt a new window to open thereby giving you an option to ‘Reset’ or ‘Delete’ your account. Click on ‘Delete’.
Step 7: The next pop-up will ask whether you know your master password or not. If you know it, click ‘Yes’. Then, enter your master password and click on ‘Delete’.
Step 8: You will be asked to confirm the deletion of your account. Click ‘Yes’. Congratulations, you have successfully deleted your LastPass Account.
Step-By-Step Guide On How To Easily Delete Your LastPass Account Without Master Password
Step 1: Open your web browser, type ‘lastpass.com/delete_account.php’, and press ‘Enter’.
Step 2: On this page click on the ‘Delete’ button.
Step 3: You will be asked whether you remember your LastPass master password or not. Click on ‘No’.
Step 4: Enter the email address you used for registering with LastPass in the next window and click ‘Send Email’.
Step 5: In the inbox of your email account, you will get an email from LastPass with the subject ‘Confirm your request to delete your LastPass account’. Open this email and click on the link that states ‘permanently delete my LastPass account now’.
Step 6: Once you do that, you will be redirected to LastPass delete option window. Go to the bottom, and click on the ‘Delete’ button, then click ‘Yes’ to confirm the deletion of your LastPass account.
Now, you have successfully deleted your LastPass account completely without your master password.
Now that you have known how to delete your LastPass account, go ahead and take these aforementioned steps, however, if you encounter further difficulties, kindly reach out to us in the comment section.