It’s amazing that WordPress has remained one of the most popular blog hosting platforms and websites worldwide.
With its free account creation feature, easy site setup as well as other features to choose from, it’s no wonder, that over the years, they’ve outspaced their counterparts in the content management system (CMS).
Despite its fine functionality and features, there may come a time when you no longer need or want to keep using your WordPress account.
And so, in this post, I’ll be showing you how to delete your WordPress account , the top reasons why person delete their accounts as well as consequences of delete your WordPress account.
So, let’s get started!
Read Also How to Delete Your Nurx Account– Deactivate Nurx
Reasons to get your WordPress account deleted
Why would you want to delete your WordPress account? Let examine some common reasons…
1. Maybe you’ve found out a new platform that suits your CMS taste. In that case, shifting platforms is a step worth taking and that will require that you delete your account with WordPress.
What are some those other choices you could try and their key features are stated below;
* Joomla which offers greater function flexibility.
* Drupal which is knowm for strong security.
* HubSpot which allows you to create a well-designed site without any coding experience.
2. If you have no intentions to continue operating your website or blog, then, you should delete your accounts rather than risk a security breach on your personal details due to your disuse of the account.
Read Also How To Delete Your StockX Account-Solved
Consequences of Deleting your WordPress account
While deleting your account could be a nice option at times, it’s also expedient that you know the consequence (whether immediate or long-term) that follows the action. Or don’t you think so?
One of such consequences is this… Closing your account may affect any of your Woocommerce and Gravatar accounts as well as all other accounts.
Speaking specifically, any Gravatar accounts will immediately be removed while you may be unable to access any WooCommerce sites.
So what’s the way out? You should carefully check your WooCommerce dashboard details before closing your account so as to avoid losing critical e-commerce access.
Also, you should be aware that deleting your account will make your username unavailable.
Once a WordPress account gets deleted, the username is blocked (for life) from being registered again to prevent any chances of impersonation.
In essence, what I’m saying is, closing your account not only removes your sites but also removes your content.
Furthermore, you won’t be able to open a new WordPress account as well as access its associated services (like WooCommerce, Crowdsignal, IntenseDebate and Gravatar) with a previously used email address for at least 30 days after the deletion process has been effected.
Read Also How to Delete WeChat Account: A step-by-step guide
Step by step approach on how to get your WordPress account deleted
Do the following:
1. Log in to your WordPress account. Make sure you use your username and correct password. If you have multiple accounts, you should double check to be sure you’re logged into the account you want to delete.
If you’ve forgotten the password, maybe you should try an account manager.
2. Click on the “my site” icon in the top left corner of the screen. It’s essential that you delete any active sites from your “my sites” panel.
3. Select “manage option”. Afterwards, select the “settings” option as well.
4. At the bottom of the page, you’ll find “delete your site permanently” icon.
5. Next, export any content that you deem relevant to you. To do this, you have to convert the content into a zip file and download it. I do believe, that whether or not you’ll be opening another WordPress site, keeping your content should be a priority for you since you won’t get another chance to do so after this step.
6. Scroll to the “delete site” button
7. Thereafter, enter you site name as exactly as it appears and tap on “delete this site”.
8. Click on your profile photo in the top left corner of the screen.
9. Click on “Account settings”.
10. At the bottom of the page, click on the “close your account permanently” icon.
11. Just in case, make sure you read and understand the risks associated with the process you’re about concluded. Thereafter, Tap on “close account”.
12. Finally, Type in your username and then tap on ” close your account”.
Read Also How to Delete Your Craigslist Account | Solved
Can you recover your account?
Yes! You can recover your WordPress account if you mistakenly deleted it or you changd your mind after completing the account closure procedure.
However, account reversals are only possible within 30 days after which nothing can else can be done.
To effect reversals, you should contact WordPress Support team directly and provide vital account details. With this move of yours, their support staff can help you recover and reactivate your account.
Was this post helpful? Leave a comment with us telling us when you successfully delete your account.