OkCupid is online dating, friendship, and social networking website and application with lots of multichoice questions to match members.
This article provides all available information on how you can delete your OkCupid account.
It could be time to delete your OkCupid account if you’ve met true love or if you’ve looked through all of the potential matches and still haven’t connected with anyone.
You might want to try other dating sites like eHarmony or Match, two of OkCupid’s rivals. In any case, to delete your OkCupid account, you must follow the steps given in this article.
Reasons To Delete Your OkCupid Account
There are various reasons you may have for the need to delete your OkCupid account, some are:
- You’ve met someone, so there’s no need for your OkCupid account anymore
- You’ve been receiving bad messages from people with bad intentions
- You are just tired of logging in and getting no replies
- You found a match but had a bad dating experience
- You’ve not found a suitable match
Whatever reason you have, you’ll successfully delete your OkCupid account in this article.
Read also: How To Delete Your Chatroulette Account
Delete Or Disable Your OkCupid Account
On the OkCupid website, click the “Need a Break?” link at the bottom of the page to access your settings page, where you can disable or delete your account.
Remember that deleting your OkCupid account is irreversible, so select disable if you anticipate needing our services again in the future.
You’ll have to go to your profile page in the app, hit Account Settings, then select Disable Account and from there, follow the directions.
Now, anyone who searches for your account will see it as disabled, but you have the option to re-open your profile at a later time if you so want.
But if you delete your account, you can only open another account later with the same email address.
Also permanently deleted from both parties’ message sections will be your exchanges. When you delete your account, no one will know, instead, your profile and messages will vanish without a trace.
- Visit OkCupid.com and log in to remove your account.
- Click the Settings button next to your profile image
- Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click Go Here.
- Depending on your option, select Disable account or Delete account and inform OkCupid of your reasons for departing.
- After entering your password, click Delete or Disable.
How To Delete Your OkCupid Account
1. Log into your OkCupid account at www.okcupid.com.
2. Go to your OkCupid profile and change the settings for your OkCupid account so you’ll click on your profile image icon in the top-right corner of OkCupid’s home screen to go to the next step. Then choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Let OkCupid know that you’d like to take a break. Can be found at the bottom of the settings page if you scroll down. Click Go Here if you want to disable or delete your account.
4. Determine whether to deactivate or completely delete your OkCupid account.
If you want to disable or delete your account, OkCupid will ask you. Choose the yellow Disable account button to remove your profile from the website so that nobody else can see it, but to let OkCupid preserve all of your information so that you simply need to sign in to reactivate your account.
Select the red Delete Account button if you want to completely delete all of your data, including images and messages, and start over if you decide to join OkCupid again in the future.
5. Explain your reasons for leaving OkCupid and confirm that your account is being deleted.
You’ll be asked by OkCupid why you want to delete your account. After making a choice, enter your password, add any optional comments, and click the blue Delete button.
You’ll see a green check mark indicating that your OkCupid account has been successfully erased.
Read also: How To Delete 1&1 Ionos Account – Solved
How To Delete Your OkCupid Account With No Password
If you want to delete your OkCupid account but you’ve forgotten your password, it will vary depending on whether you’re a paid or free member.
If you’re a paid member, you can verify your account on the OkCupid site through your billing details.
But if you’re a free member, you can send an email to OkCupid support for help, although they might not be able to assist you.
Once you’ve gained access to your OkCupid account, you can now follow the steps above to delete your account.
What Happens To Your Paid Subscription If You Disable Or Delete Your Account?
OkCupid will immediately stop any billing for you while your account is suspended if you paid for your subscription using PayPal or a credit card.
Although, you will be required to renew your subscription if you enable your profile again after your billing expiration date because it has already gone.
OkCupid will terminate your membership permanently if you delete your account. But if you paid for your membership through iTunes or Google Play, those services do not know when your OkCupid account is disabled, enabled, or even canceled, so they do not cancel it and you continue to be invoiced.
You must cancel your membership through iTunes or Google Play in addition to canceling your OkCupid account if you want to stop being charged through those services.
Protect Your Privacy And Delete Your OkCupid Account
Before you delete your OkCupid account, be careful to copy any messages you want to preserve as a record of your OkCupid conversation.
Make sure to get them now because if you ask for copies of them later, it would amount to a full item, and they could even have to say no.
If you don’t think OkCupid was the perfect choice for you, you can now easily delete it with the information provided in this article.
You can check out other dating sites, but protect your privacy by deleting your OkCupid account now.
Have a great day.