Jimdo is a German website builder and all-in-one hosting service which enables users to create their websites without any prior web design knowledge.
If you are tired of using Jimdo and want to cancel or even delete your account, this article provides all available information on how to delete your Jimdo account.
For whatever reasons you’ve decided to delete your Jimdo account, don’t worry; you’ve come to the proper place to find out how to cancel, or even delete your account.
The company’s email spamming is only one of the many reasons you might want to remove your Jimdo account.
Delete Your Jimdo Account
You can always delete or deactivate your Jimdo account if you decide you no longer need it.
Only websites with a Free or Play plan can be linked to your Jimdo account to deactivate it.
You must first cancel your subscription if your Jimdo account is linked to any websites that have a premium plan.
To delete your Jimdo account, follow the steps given below:
- Access your Jimdo account.
- In the bottom left corner, select Account.
- Click the corresponding button after scrolling to the section Delete account.
- The email address you use to access your Jimdo account should be entered.
- Verify that you have read the security warning before selecting Delete Account.
- All linked websites and your Jimdo account will now be permanently erased.
- You’ll be informed once your account has been successfully deactivated by receiving a message from Jimdo support.
How To Delete Your Jimdo Email Account
If you want to delete your Jimdo email account, you can delete it in the website’s edit mode by following the steps below:
- Access your Jimdo account and select the website
- Select Edit to enter the Jimdo Creator website’s edit mode
- From the menu, select Domains & Email
- Select Email Accounts
- Click the trash icon next to the Jimdo email account you want to delete
- Read the note that follows
- Click Yes, Delete My Email Account.
You should remember to back up important emails before deleting your Jimdo email account.
How Do You Delete Your Jimdo Website?
You can always delete your Jimdo website if you decide you no longer need it. assuming you’re utilizing a free plan.
Deleting A Paid Website
Only Jimdo websites that are on the Play-free plan can be deleted. If not, you will need to wait for your subscription to be canceled when you are using a paid Jimdo plan or you can follow the steps below:
- Log into your Jimdo account
- Click the Menu button on the homepage top left corner
- Select Subscription
- Scroll to the bottom of Your Jimdo Subscription page and click Cancel Subscription
- Your Jimdo account is now downgraded into a free Jimdo account
Deleting a Free Website
You can easily delete your Jimdo websites when they’re on a Play-free plan by following the steps given below:
- Access your Jimdo account.
- Select My websites from the bottom left menu.
- For the website, you want to delete, click Actions and select Delete.
- If you agree, read the security note and check the box.
- By pressing the button, you can confirm the deletion of your website.
But remember, because the deletion of your Jimdo website and account cannot be undone, it is important to carefully consider the option.
You can stop publishing on your website if you’re unsure and wait to decide.
Read also: How To Delete 1&1 Ionos Account – Solved
Protect Your Privacy And Delete Your Jimdo Account
Jimdo is an online website platform for organizations, online stores, and blogs with both free and premium subscriptions.
This article has provided information on how you can easily delete your Jimdo account on your own.
And although Jimdo may be secure, protect your privacy by deleting your Jimdo account once you no longer need it.
Have a great day.