Hi there! Are you tired of Using GoFundMe? Do you want to delete your GoFundMe account? Then, You’re in the right place at the right time.
In this post, I’ll be showing you how to get your GoFundMe account deleted with so much ease.
Meanwhile, GoFundMe is basically an American profit platform that allows people to raise funds for events ranging from celebrations and graduation ceremonies to life-challenging circumstances like accidents and illnesses.
Sources have it that it is by far the number one most trusted platform for fundraising and crowdfunding.
Are there proofs to this fact? Yes! Statistics show that over the last 12 years, they’ve helped raise over $5 billion in over 170 countries of the world.
On doing my research, I found out that GoFundMe doesn’t allow you to cancel your charity administrator account. You’re only allowed to cancel your independent account.
To add to that, you can only cancel your GoFundMe account when you don’t have an active campaign with team members and any fundraising minimums or funds raised.
What To Do About Charity Accounts
Since GoFundme does not allow you to delete charity accounts, what then can you do? I’ll tell you. You can deactivate donations and remove search results.
If for instance, you’re an admin on the Charity profile or an authorized representative of the Charity, you can contact the GoFundMe support team and request that the account be deactivated.
You May Also Like: How To Delete The Pill Club Account – Solved
To Cancel Your GoFundMe Campaign, Do This
Like I said earlier, you can only delete your GoFundMe campaign if you’ve raised no funds and don’t have any team members.
Here’s how to go about the cancellation:
- In the campaign manager view, find the campaign you want to delete and click on the bin icon at the top right corner of the page.
- Finally, confirm your action by clicking on ” delete”.
Below is an alternative:
- Login to your GoFundMe account with your correct details.
- Roam over your profile till you find “account settings”. Select it. If you have problems finding your profile, click on a “three horizontal line” icon that you’d find at the top right corner. Click on it and then Like in the other case, select “account settings”.
- After scrolling down to the bottom of the page, you will find the “delete account” option. Click on it.
- Almost immediately, a confirmation popup will appear. Thereafter, click on delete my account to permanently delete your account.
Read also: How to Delete Your Audible Account
What About Independent Account Holders? Here’s What You Should Do
- In account settings, navigate to the personal information tab.
- Thereafter, scroll down and then select the “delete account” icon.
- Finally, save your action.
Was this post helpful? If yes, leave a comment with us when you successfully get your GoFundMe account deleted.