Deleting your old, inactive banking accounts, like deleting or deactivating your Klarna account, is the best way to keep your information secure.
You must provide your credit card and/or banking information every time you shop online, whether it’s with an online retailer like Amazon or through the services of an online payment system like Paypal.
This information is kept on file indefinitely. This implies that online shopping accounts you don’t use or to which you’ve lost access can expose your financial information to data breaches and identity theft.
What Is Klarna
Klarna is a Swedish online banking company that was formed with the idea of giving clients a pleasant online shopping experience.
Its famous interest-free payment options let you buy and send items from your favorite online stores while spreading out your payments over time.
Klarna works with a wide range of well-known online stores and significant retailers, including
- Saks Fifth Avenue
Klarna, the online banking app, is popular among online shoppers because of its “Buy Now, Pay Later” approach to shopping.
If you’ve ever used Klarna but eventually decided you’d prefer to close your account permanently, you might find the task considerably more difficult than you anticipated.
This is especially true if you’ve forgotten your password and have no way of regaining your login credentials.
Fortunately, DoNotPay’s Delete Old Accounts tool can help you easily delete your Klarna account.
Read also: How To Delete Your GoFundMe Account Permanently
How Do I Delete/Close/Deactivate My Klarna Account
It’s easier said than done to decide to close your Klarna account. It takes some persistent clicking, as it does with many apps and online services, to figure out how to remove your account, and even then, you’ll have to go through a few hoops.
To begin the process of canceling your account, according to Klarna’s Customer Service page, you must complete three key steps which include
- First, double-check that all of your past orders have been paid and cleared. It could take up to ten days for your last payment to settle.
- Make sure you’ve removed all of your payment information from the app manually.
- Request that your data be removed by contacting Klarna’s customer care staff via virtual chat. They will then walk you through any additional actions necessary to ensure the account is canceled.
Because you must cancel via live chat, you won’t be able to close your Klarna account via mail, phone, in person, email, the website, or the app.
In other words, Klarna has made it impossible for individuals to remove their accounts on their own.
Is It True That Using Klarna Has An Impact On My Credit Score?
Klarna conducts a credit check based on your desired payment method to analyze your financial situation.
This is a soft credit check that has no bearing on your credit score and is not visible to other lenders. For their typical lending service, Klarna will only run a hard credit check, which will be submitted to the credit bureaus.
If you don’t make your payments on time, you risk damaging your credit score. You risk being reported to the credit bureaus and have your credit score lowered if you default on a Klarna loan.
Read also: How To Delete The Pill Club Account – Solved
How Can DoNotPay Help Me Delete Klarna Account?
The frustration of trying to remove your Klarna account, especially if you’re short on time, can be excruciating. DoNotPay makes the whole procedure easier for you by automating it on your behalf.
Whether you need assistance recovering a forgotten password or deleting your account entirely, DoNotPay has you covered in just 7 simple steps:
1. Go to DoNotPay’s Delete Old Accounts program.
2. Select the sort of account you want to delete, such as an email account, a streaming service, a social network account, a gaming account, an eCommerce account, and so on.
3. Inform us about your account, including usernames, email addresses, and phone numbers.
4. Enter the date you initially created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods kept under the account, and so on to help us verify your account ownership.
5. If you have any visual documentation that will help establish your account ownership, upload it.
6. Enter any previously known or used passwords.
7. Finish the work by entering your contact information and submitting it!
Deactivating or Deleting your klarna account is easy and straightforward if you follow the guidelines above. Good luck!