Do you no longer require the services of your Kobo account and wish to delete it? This article discusses how to delete a Kobo account.
Michael Serbinis started the Kobo company in 2009, and it is today one of the greatest online e-commerce sites for buying books that is accessible in more than 20 countries.
According to a source, more than 5.2 million people visit the website each month.
E-books, ebook readers, and related accessories can all be bought or sold on Kobo, an online marketplace.
The website enables users to register for an account, modify account information, upload photos and electronic books, buy electronic books, kobo ereader tabs, and accessories, pay for online purchases, and rate books.
Recently, many Kono users have expressed their concerns about wanting to delete their Kobo account from the Kobo website.
Research was made to find out the possible reasons a Kobo reader would want to delete their account and some valid reasons were discovered.
Many reasons were discovered which varied according to each user, however, there were some common reasons that were discovered.
One of them which is quite common is because they were receiving unwanted promotional spam emails which made their email full of unnecessary emails.
While others say that they’re no longer into books or have simply found another channel that they prefer.
If you’re deleting your account solely because of the company’s newsletter or other correspondence, you can either mark the correspondence as spam by selecting the spam button provided at the top of your mail, or you can unsubscribe by selecting the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of the correspondence.
If you have other motivations for deleting your account, I’ll now take you through the process of deleting your account from the Kobo website step by step in the section below.
Two Ways To Delete A Kobo Account
There are now two methods listed below for deleting your account from the Kobo website:-
- Deleting Through The Website
- Deleting Through Their Email
Let’s consider them respectively.
Deleting Your Account Through Their Website
- To access your account, go to “https://www.kobo.com/” and log in.
- Once you’ve logged in, click the MY ACCOUNT link in the upper right corner of the page, just below the search bar, and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Click on the ACCOUNT SETTINGS link in the drop-down menu.
- Click the DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT option at the bottom right of the Account Settings page after scrolling down.
- When prompted to confirm the deletion of your account, a pop-up message will now appear. Click the Deactivate Account button to do so.
Delete Your Account by Sending an Email
- Open the email account you have on file with Kobo.
- Write an email now and send it to [email protected].
- “REQUEST TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT” is the subject type.
- Now, fill out your reason for deactivating your account and press the send button.
This article has fully discussed how to delete a kobo account through two steps, through the Kobo website and your email.
If you follow these steps accordingly, you’ll be able to delete your kobo account in no time.
If you have further questions regarding how to delete a Kobo account, you can share them with us in the comments section.