This is my complete guide on how to add apps to a smart TV in 2021.
In this all-new guide you’ll learn:
- How to add apps to a smart TV on the webOS platform
- How to add apps to a smart TV based on manufacturers and model types
- And lots more…
So if you wish to enjoy using your mobile apps on your smart TV, you’ll love today’s guide.
Let’s get started.
What is a Smart TV?
A Smart TV is simply an internet-connected device that enables users to have access to, manage and stream media contents without an external connector.
According to Wikipedia: a Smart TV can be otherwise regarded as a connected TV (CTV) / or a traditional television set with integrated Internet and interactive Web 2.0 features.
This kind of device allows users to easily stream music and videos, surf the internet, and view photos. They are a technological mix of computers, televisions, and digital media players.
Must Read: How to connect your Android phone to a projector…
Now although Smart TVs come fully preloaded with varieties of apps, it is very possible to also download and stock up more apps that might be customized to your taste or your viewing experience.
This is where it becomes important to learn how to add apps to a Smart TV…
How to Add Apps to a Smart TV (Samsung Brand)?
When it comes to learning how to add apps to a Smart TV, the process varies from products, models, and manufacturers – but this article provides you with the guidelines you need for the most common Smart TVs you can find around.
Below are simple steps on how to add apps to a Smart TV:
- Click on the Smart Hub button on your remote
- Select Apps:
You are now on the My App screen where there will be a full view of your already preloaded apps, and maybe, your other apps categories including Most Popular, Lifestyle, Entertainment, etc.
- Search for the Apps you want to install by clicking on the search button (the icon that is most popularly described as the magnifying glass icon at the top of the screen) and type in the name of the app you desire to install and simply select Done.
- Select Download on the app you wish to install to add the app to your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Add Apps to a Smart TV (LG Brand)?
The LG Smart TV uses a platform known as the webOS platform, and like every other smart tv that exists, LG Smart TVs also comes preloaded with several apps you can see on the Home Screen.
With the steps listed below, you can learn how to add apps to a smart TV of the LG brand:
- Click on the Home-like Button on the left side of your LG TV remote
- Select the LG Content Store from the homepage. Although it is worthy to note that for some LG SMART TV models, you may be required to select More Apps from the home screen before you can proceed to select the LG Content Store.
- Pick your desired app to install by navigating to its dedicated category or screen.
- Click on download to install the app. However, if the app you want to download requires a few, there would be an automatic notification for payment.
- Once the app is done downloading, click on launch to access the app immediately, or if you so desire access to it later in the Home Screen.
The other questions that might not be common but are actually a cause of worry to users of these products include: how to install apps on Android TV or other Smart TV models.
For other Smart TV Models such as Phillip Net tv and most of its much older models, they come already preloaded with apps and do not allow for adding new apps.
However, models from the Phillip Net TV (2018) upward actually allow for adding or installing more apps. This can be done from the VEWD App Store.
Philips Net Smart TVs actually support screencasting, selections of apps from a mobile phone, and some models include built-in Chromecast. You can check your product documentation for more details.
How to Add Apps to a Smart TV on the Android TV Platform?
To add apps on the Android TV platform:
- Go to the Apps section from the Android TV Home Screen
- Choose Google play store
- Browse through and search for the apps you want to add to your list or that you want to install
- And lastly, simply install.