H&M is a global fashion company that offers a wide range of products to women, men, teenagers, and children.
Their product range covers everything from clothing, including accessories, such as coats and trousers as well as underwear and swimwear, to shoes, bags, and beauty products.
H&M clothes are designed to offer high-quality fashion at affordable prices. It was founded in Sweden back in 1947 and has today expanded quickly across the world.
H&M is known for product collaborations with brands including Lanvin, Diane von Furstenberg, Balmain, and Versace.
Since H&M is sold online and offline, their return policy is based on where the item was purchased from.
This article covers the H&M Return Policy in detail as well as how to return items that are bought online and in any physical store run by H&M.
H&M return policy
You might be disappointed to find that your item was the wrong size, colour, or style. Maybe it was bought as a gift but you’ve kept it for yourself.
Whatever the reason is, H&M wants you to be happy. You can return an item if you’re not happy with it as long as you meet all the requirements;
- The item must be in resalable condition – unworn, undamaged, and with labels and/or packaging attached.
- For hygiene reasons, items such as earrings will only be accepted if the hygiene seal is still intact.
- All items must be accompanied by a completed returns form attached to the outside of your parcel.
- Items should be sent back to the store within 28 days from the date of delivery.
- Refunds will be issued back to your original payment method within 10 working days from receipt of your parcel.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your return is processed.
If you have lost the return form, you could visit the H&M website to print another form.
Note that there are a few exceptions to returns;
- Items purchased in-store must be returned to store
- Returns on underwear, earrings, or facemasks would not be accepted for hygiene reasons
- Final-purchase items cannot be returned
- There is no refund of the original shipping charges. Delivery charges are only refunded if an item is faultily delivered.
- Return Policy may differ for designers, special collections, and external home assortment.
How do I return my online order on H&M?
Have you ever wondered how to return an online order at H&M? I’ve got you covered. Simply follow these easy steps;
- Log into the returns portal with the order number usually at the delivery note and your pin code.
- Package the items you wish to return in the parcel it came in or a suitable one. For online returns, you don’t need to include any paperwork in your parcel.
- A courier from Delhivery will attach the return label to your parcel upon collection.
- The courier will provide you with proof of return, ensure it is well kept for your records.
- An email will be sent to you confirming your return. Please allow up to 14 days for this to happen.
- If you don’t receive the email within 14 days, please contact H&M customer service.
How do I return my store purchase on H&M?
In-store purchases can be returned in the following step;
- Go to the exact shop where the item was purchased with the receipt or invoice
- Ensure the item is in a resalable condition.
- Do not delay in return as some stores may only accept returns within a stipulated number of days from purchase
- Identify the reason for return before taking it to the shop
- Take the item to the returns department if they have one, or to the cashier.
Note that; You will be refunded fully for return within 7 days of the original purchase, of unworn, unwashed, and undamaged merchandise, accompanied by the original receipt.
After 7 days or without a receipt, items may be returned for exchange only at the last activity/sale price or the current selling price, whichever is lower.
What is the mode of refund on H&M?
You will be refunded via the same means of purchase. If an item was purchased with a credit card then refunds will be made to the same account.
H&M is largely recognized as a fast-fashion brand, but they have a strong sense of creating unique products that appeal to customers.
If you’ve chosen to purchase clothes online or in stores, you will find these products will be made with high-quality material, which means they’ll last longer than what you might find elsewhere.
When you’ve made a purchase from a store that has an expansive store network like H&M, it can be hard to manage returns and exchanges from all of the locations.
That’s why H&M and other clothing retailers have created online portals for customers to easily exchange or return items.
With the information above, you should be able to manage your future online H&M purchases seamlessly!