If you want to extract compressed files divided into parts to one, many ways are possible. We know how frustrating it is to download a file only to find out it’s in a compressed format like .zip or .rar.
What’s even more frustrating is when that compressed file is divided into multiple parts. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to extract those compressed files divided into parts into a single file so you can access the content inside. So if you want to learn more about extracting compressed files divided into parts, please continue reading this article.
Steps To Extract Compressed Files That Are Divided Into Parts To One.
If you want to extract compressed files divided into part to one, follow these steps:
1. Make Sure You Download All The Parts.
Check the download link. If it doesn’t work, try downloading it again and see if you get an error message with a different filename.
Check the size of each part. If one file is larger than another, there’s more data for them to share in common and so they can be combined into one big file.
Look at the extension: compressed files have .zip or .rar at the end of their name (for example, “my_photo_1_image001.jpg”).
2. Place All The Parts In One Folder.
To extract compressed files divided into parts, you need to place all the parts in one folder. If you have downloaded all of your compressed files but are not placed in a single folder, you can still extract them using a third-party tool like WinRAR or 7-Zip.
To successfully execute this action, follow these steps:
- Download and install an application that supports extracting files from folders such as WinRAR or 7-Zip.
- Open the extracted folder to see all of its contents. You can then extract each file using one of these programs if you want to keep them separate from one another and from other files in your computer’s directory structure (this helps archive purposes).
- To do so, select one or more files by clicking on them once and then choosing “Extract” from within the right-click menu that comes up when you hover over them. This will open up an additional window where you can enter any parameters needed before proceeding with extraction. If necessary, double-click instead. This will bring up a dialog box where all options are shown clearly at once, so there’s no confusion about what goes where.
- Extract all folders within your desired destination location (for example, Desktop).
- Extract each file into its own folder under the exact destination location.
- Rename each extracted file with its original name (for example: “myfile_1”).
- Copy/move each copied file from its original location back into its respective folders where they were initially located before extraction took place.
- Restart Windows Explorer so that it loads up the last time when starting up after restarting your computer.
Open The Command-Line.
To extract compressed files, you need to open the command line. To do this, press the Windows key + R and type cmd into the box that appears. Next, press Enter to launch Command Prompt (cmd).
Now navigate to the folder containing the parts using cd (change directory). For example:
- Read More: Where Do Deleted Files on Your Computer Go?
Navigate To The Folder Containing The Parts.
Navigate to the folder containing the parts.
You can navigate to the folder containing the parts using Windows Explorer or by opening a command prompt window and typing:
cd C:\Users\Username\Documents\Compressed Files.
Tips For Extracting Compressed Files Divided Into Parts Into One
Make sure you have the parts.
Make sure your files are not corrupted. You should check for any signs of corruption before attempting to extract them into one file.
Use a file archiver tool to extract individual files from a compressed archive or zip file into separate directories on your computer’s hard drive or another storage medium, such as an external hard drive or USB drive (if applicable).
This will help you keep track of all your documents and files, even if they have been corrupted or damaged. In addition, you can use a file archiver tool to extract individual files from a compressed archive or zip file into separate directories on your computer’s hard drive or another storage medium, such as an external hard drive or USB drive (if applicable).
Best File Archivers To Extract Compressed Files Divided Into Parts Into One
If you have compressed files that need to be extracted into one file, then you can use a file archiver like WinZip or WinRAR. These programs work on both Windows and Mac OS X operating systems.
The first thing that needs to be done is to choose the correct version of the file archiver for your operating system from below:
- Windows: WinZip (32-bit)
- Mac OS X: 7-Zip (32-bit)
- Universal Extractor
Common Problems In Extracting Compressed Files Divided Into Parts Into One
If you have all the parts that are not corrupted, you can extract compressed files divided into parts. The most common problem is that you do not have all the parts.
The other common problem is that the parts are corrupted. If you have all the parts that are not corrupted, you can extract compressed files divided into parts. The most common problem is that you do not have all the parts.
Why Can’t I Extract Files From A Zipped Folder?
Zip files might refuse to open if they are not properly downloaded.
Is Decompress And Extract The Same?
Extract is a term used to describe decompressing and moving one or more files in a compressed file (such as a zip file) to an alternate location.
What Does It Mean To Decompress A File?
It means to release from pressure or compression or to convert (something, such as a compressed file or signal) to an expanded or original size.
What Is A File Extractor?
Free file extractor software helps you extract one or more files in a compressed file, ending in extensions like RAR, ZIP, 7Z, and many others.
What’s The Difference Between Compress And Extract?
Users can also extract files by dragging them out of the zipped folder. Compression is a data reduction method that reduces file size. Unzipping is decompression that restores a compressed (aka zipped) file to its larger form.
What Is A Free Zip Extractor?
ZIP Extractor is a free application for creating and opening ZIP files on your computer and Google Drive. RAR, 7z, and TAR files are also supported, including password-protected files.
What Program Can Extract Zip Files?
WinZip opens and extracts Zip Compressed Archive Files—and many more formats.
Is There A Free Alternative To WinZip?
7-zip is a popular open-source file compression tool. This software uses robust security. It is a free WinZip alternative that has a self-extracting facility for 7z file format.
Can I Unzip Files Without WinZip?
If you use Windows 7, 8, or 10, follow the steps to open any zip files without WinZip or WinRAR:
– Double-click the zip file you wish to extract to open the file explorer.
– At the top part of the explorer menu, find “Compressed folder tools” and click it.
– Click the “extract” option that appears below it.
Does Windows 10 Come With A Zip Extractor?
Windows 10 lets you unzip and zip any file you want by right-clicking.
Why Do We Extract Files?
Zipping or compressing files helps save storage space and transfer files more quickly than uncompressed or unzipped files. However, these zipped files need to be extracted to view the contents.
Now that you know how to extract compressed files divided into parts, you can safely use this tool to extract your data.