If you are an Amazon Prime member, then you must have come across this incredible feature called Amazon Subscribe and Save.
Just as the name implies, it enables subscribers to get regular shipments of consumable products they buy frequently, and while at it, they can get certain products at a cheaper rate thereby helping them to save their money.
This article will serve as an eye-opener to everything you need to know about Amazon Subscribe and Save.
Read Also: How To Delete A Spore Account
How Amazon Subscribe And Save Works
Using this Amazon feature is very easy. Amazon puts up a list of participating items, and when you buy, they offer you an option to set up those items for regular shipments, so they are recurring orders.
By recurring order, it means that you can choose to receive those items every month, or two months depending on how many subscriptions you have at the same time.
Furthermore, you can save a lot of money while at it by getting up to 5% to 15% discount, especially if you use it for enough products.
How To Subscribe To New Products On Amazon
What are the products you will usually buy at the grocery store? You don’t need to go through the stress of driving down to a grocery store as you will mostly see them on Amazon.
Interestingly, most of these products have the subscribe and save feature available which you can easily see when browsing through the products. Additionally, you will see a mention of the potential “Subscribe & Save discount” under each product in the listing, so look out for the products you would like to buy regularly, go to the right menu, and select the subscribe & save option.
Once you select that option, the additional settings below will appear:
– Quantity to order
– Frequency to order the product
– Set Up Now button
Before you finally subscribe, cross-check all of the settings, especially the order frequency and “Arrives by” date to be sure everything is just the way you want it to be.
Finally, select Confirm subscription and your product subscription will be active.
How To Manage Your Product Subscriptions
Oftentimes, I have heard users ask what happens when they are yet to use up an item, and the delivery date of the next one is already close.
Well, this section is for you as we will be discussing how to manage your product subscriptions.
Subscribe and Save gives you the opportunity to manage all of your existing subscriptions and order frequencies, so if you have a case like the aforementioned one, you can simply skip the delivery of such items.
To do this, go under the items you don’t want to be delivered that month, and select Skip.
If you also want to make modifications for future delivery dates, select the link under the item that shows the present delivery frequency of that subscription.
A window will pop up for you to see any of the following details below about that active subscription.
– Quantity that you want to order
– How often you want it delivered
– What date you want to set for the first (next) delivery depending on when you next expect to run out of that item.
How To Save More With Subscribe And Save – Useful Tips.
One of the most intriguing facts about Amazon’s Subscribe & Save feature is that you can save while using this feature, however, there are certain tricks you need to apply for you to maximize this.
First, you have to note that different items on different days have unique levels of savings, and this hugely depends on when you subscribed and what savings was available for that item.
It also depends on how many other items you’re subscribed to.
That being said, it’s an established fact that although there are discounts for every item, as long as you’re ordering more items for any delivery, the potential savings for each item differ.
Again, note that the more items you subscribe to on each delivery frequency, the deeper your overall savings will be, however, be careful not to make orders frequently, and end up with a surplus inventory that you don’t need.
Listed, and explained below are some tips, tricks, and hacks to maximize your savings using Amazon Subscribe & Save:
1. Always Have Up To 5 Items
I bet you can do better than allowing yourself to get 5% from your subscribe and save order as there are other ways to get additional items without adding a large extra cost.
Now, let’s see how this trick of having 5 items works. If you are, for instance, ordering $45 worth of products in your Subscribe & Save order, and you have 5 items, the 15% savings would be $6.75.
Isn’t it better to order something below $5 and basically get it for free than lose that $6.75 savings?
2. Find Filler Items
Try as much as possible to keep a few filler items on your subscription list.
Don’t be scared as you can always skip (or change the delivery date) for these filler items if you get up to 5 with items you truly need.
The list below will show some items that are presently $2 or less with Subscribe and Save.
– MAYBELLINE MAKEUP COLOR SENSATIONAL SHAPING LIP LINER: $1.85
– HARTZ DELECTABLES CRUNCHY CAT TREATS : $1.71
– GOODY WOMEN’S CLASSICS CLINCHER COMB: $1.82
– WILTON BIRTHDAY CANDLES : $1.86
– AVERY WORKSAVER TAB INSERTS : $1.48
– GOODY ACE DRESSING COMB: $1.89
– GOODY CLASSICS STAY TIGHT HAIR BARRETTE MOCK TORT: $1.82
– AVERY BIG TAB INSERTABLE EXTRA WIDE DIVIDERS: $1.60
– PAC-KIT ANTISEPTIC TOWELETTES, 10 CT: $1.10
3. Use Amazon Coupons
I recommend checking out the page of current AMAZON COUPONS, especially if you are looking to save or get a cheaper filler item.
However, Coupons can only be used once, and so, come off the item just the first time you order it, nevertheless, some brands offer several coupons, and that’s why it is necessary for you to check each month to know if there are new offers for the items you want to buy.
4. Order Multiple Items Differently
Another way to save on Amazon subscribe and save is to order more than one of the same item although it is not advisable to add it all at the same time.
This is because if you change the quantity to 5 and then click the Subscribe & Save button, Amazon will count that as one item, so you may want to order an item, go back, and place another order on that same item.
You can do this as many times as you want depending on the quantity of that item you need since each separate order counts as a separate item.
Please, if there are available coupons for an item, it only applies to just one item irrespective of the quantity you are ordering.
5. Never Skip A Shipment
We understand that you may still have certain items, and won’t be needing it anytime soon, meanwhile, the delivery date for the next one is fast approaching.
Instead of skipping that order, CHANGE THE DELIVERY DATE because skipping an order means automatically canceling any discount or even coupon that applied to that order.
Having said that, move it to your next month’s order, and still have the price you wanted to pay.
6. Watch Your Email & Always Click to Edit
Amazon would usually send you an Email with a reminder to CHECK YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS about a week and a half before your scheduled delivery date.
Now, this Email is an opportunity for you to crosscheck some of factors listed below:
– Check to make sure prices have not gone above a price you are comfortable paying.
– Check the CURRENT AMAZON DEALS page to know if you will find an incredible deal after your subscription ships, and if yes, you may want to add now while you have 5 items.
– Check if you have up to 5 items, and if there is any need to add filler items
– Click through each item and make sure there are no current coupons you could apply for.
- How To Connect Xbox Controller To Tesla In 2023 – Easy Steps
- How To Copy And Paste On Xbox One 2023
- 7 Best Minimalist Digital Watches You’ll Ever Need
- Digital Pocket Watch for Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 5 Best Digital Window Displays In 2023
7. Cancel After Shipments
You are strongly advised to only cancel a Subscribe & Save order, especially if you only ordered because you felt like it was a good deal, after the first order has shipped because canceling prior to that can either cancel the order entirely or affect the 5-15% savings.
Read Also: How To Delete A Very.co.uk Account
With over 100,000 items on the Amazon Subscribe & Save Program, it is undoubtedly one of the best things that happened in recent times as you don’t have to leave your house before you get the things you need.
Having said that, some folks think that this isn’t worth the stress, and I don’t know whether it’s true or not.
What are your thoughts? Do you think Amazon subscribe and Save is actually a good deal?
Share your thoughts with me in the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I start a subscription?
- Select “Subscribe and Save” on the detail page for thousands of eligible products.
- Select the quantity and schedule that works for you.
- Skip your deliveries or cancel your subscriptions at any time by visiting Manage Your Subscriptions
- In advance of each delivery, we will send you a reminder email showing the item price and any applicable discount for your upcoming delivery. The price of the item may decrease or increase from delivery to delivery, depending on the Amazon.com price of the item at the time we process your order.
2. How do I save up to 15% on my auto-deliveries?
Save up to 15% off when receiving 5 or more products in one auto-delivery to one address.
3. How to skip your next delivery?
- Go to Manage Your Subscriptions.
- Click on the Skip link, next to the subscription product you want to skip.
- Click Confirm.
4. How to change your Subscribe & Save delivery day
- Go to Manage Your Subscriptions.
- At the top of the page you will see three tabs: Deliveries, Subscriptions, and Settings. Click on the Settings tab.
- On the Settings tab, you will see your Arrive by date. Click to edit.
5. How to change your Subscribe & Save delivery schedule or quantity?
- Go to Manage Your Subscriptions.
- On the Deliveries tab you will see a blue link with your auto-delivered frequency (such as, Auto-delivered: Monthly).
- Click on the frequency.
- This opens a page where you can change your quantity, frequency, and next delivery date.
- After you have made changes, click Apply.
6. How to cancel your Subscribe & Save auto-delivery?
- Go to Manage Your Subscriptions.
- From either the Deliveries or Subscription tab, you can Click on the subscription for the item you’d like to modify.
- Click Cancel subscription, then click Confirm cancellation.
7. How to change your Subscribe & Save payment method?
- Go to Manage Your Subscriptions. From there you have two options:
- To change your payment method for all subscriptions, click on the Settings tab. Then click Change under Payment Method.
- Or, to change the payment method associated with a single subscription, click on the Deliveries or Subscriptions tabs. Click on the subscription you want to edit and then click Change Payment.
8. Why did the price of my item change?
While you will always receive a Subscribe & Save discount, individual product prices can go up or down over time. If the price of your subscribed product changes, the new price will be displayed in your order review email and will be applied only on future shipments. You can review your subscription price and edit or cancel your subscription at any time.